Mike Montague interviews Matthew Dashper-Hughes on How to Succeed at Labeling Emotions.
In this episode:
- The best attitude, behavior, and technique on how to succeed at labeling emotions
- Journal and focus on the processes more than the outcomes
- Use active, empathetic listening
- Watch your client’s body language, face, and tone
- Create a graph of arousal and valence for your clients
- Your client may be unable to label their own emotions
- Keep a GAGA journal - Gratitudes, Affirmations, Goals, and Achievements for the day
- Review I/R theory
- Fear and excitement are very similar physiologically
- Matthew’s definition of success and favorite Sandler rule
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies.